Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Aurora Parish Mission

I’m in Aurora, IL at Holy Angels Parish these days giving a parish mission. This is one of the ways in which I am able to get the message of the Apostleship of Prayer out there. After preaching at all the weekend Masses (a total of six), I began the actual mission on Sunday night. About 180 people gathered in the church to pray and to hear the message of God’s love which frees us from sin and empowers us to love as Jesus loved. On Sunday night I spoke about “The True Love Story”—the story of God’s love. On Monday the parish celebrated the Sacrament of Reconciliation after hearing me talk about “The Broken Heart of Jesus.” Tonight I’ll be talking about “The Eucharistic Heart of Jesus” and on Wednesday, the last night of the mission, I’ll speak, as I generally do, on “Living a Eucharistic Life.”

This final talk refers to Pope Benedict’s Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation “Sacramentum Caritatis” in which he says that the Eucharist is a Mystery to be Believed, a Mystery to be Celebrated, and a Mystery to be Lived. The Apostleship of Prayer is an excellent way to live the Eucharist in one’s daily life by making an offering of each day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment