Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another Morning Prayer

Yesterday I wrote about the three prayers that I say after waking up and before getting out of bed. There was a fourth, but I couldn't remember it. I guess it only "kicks in" for me in the morning, or when I'm horizontal. I remembered it this morning and wrote it down. Here it is:

I thank You, Father, for giving me this, another day in which to serve You. Grant that every breath I breathe, every thought I have, every word I utter, every moment I spend on this earth will be for Your honor and glory and for the salvation of souls.

I can't recall where I found this prayer but it has become part of my morning routine. I like how it begins with gratitude and ends on the note of living a life like that of Jesus who sought not His own glory but that of the Father and gave Himself totally for the salvation of the world.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful prayer! I laughed when I read that you only remember it when you are horizontal!

    I also appreciate the humility you express in your failure to "pray with your calendar". It's a good suggestion, I'm going to try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete