Monday, July 30, 2012

Now You Know

Last Wednesday I flew to Ronald Reagan National Airport near Washington, DC.  I returned on Friday.  On Thursday and Friday I recorded twelve 25 minute audio and video programs designed to lead people through a "heart-centered" approach to the "Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius."  I recorded four talks each morning and two each afternoon.  It was a bit of a work-out but the material is so familiar to me that it went smoothly and easily.  It is a bit odd to present retreat material to a camera but knowing how people have reacted to it in the past helped.  The one problem was when I told humorous stories or jokes.  With no laughter, canned or live, I wasn't able to judge how long to wait before proceeding to the next point. 

The company for which I made these recordings is "Now You Know Media, Inc." and their catalog of lecture and retreat series is truly amazing.  They even have recordings of talks and conferences of Trappist monk and author Thomas Merton.  I'm not sure when my talks will be edited, packaged, and available but I'm glad to be able to offer to more people the opportunity to grow in their spiritual lives by means of both the "Spiritual Exercises" and Sacred Heart spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment