Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great Publicity

The Apostleship of Prayer has received some great publicity recently, and as a result we are receiving phone calls from around the country. I've always felt that what we are doing is important and good, and that if we could only get the word out, more and more people would respond, joining us in offering up their lives to God one day at a time and praying for the Holy Father's two monthly intentions.


A media organization called "Rome Reports" recently aired a two minute piece that included an interview with our international director, Fr. Claudio Barriga, S.J. This video has in turn been picked up by other web sites.


Journalist and author, Tim Drake, interviewed me recently for the National Catholic Register. I first heard about Tim when I worked in the Twin Cities and a spiritual directee of mine told me about a book he had written entitled "There We Stood, Here We Stand: 11 Lutherans Rediscover Their Catholic Roots." Shortly after this I met Tim's father-in-law who makes regular retreats at Demontreville, the Jesuit Retreat House in Lake Elmo, MN. Finally, a few years later, I met Tim himself at the annual conference of the Institute on Religious Life. The interview we had begins with my vocation story and moves to the Apostleship of Prayer. It's entitled "The Art of Offering It Up."


We don't know how many people consider themselves members of the Apostleship of Prayer, but Fr. Barriga estimates that there are 50 million of us around the world. With publicity like this, I don't think it's unrealistic to think that we will be adding millions more to that number.

2 comments:

  1. Fr. Kubicki, if it's ok with you, I will put a permanent link to the Apostleship of Prayer on my sidebar.

    I enjoyed your guest editorial in the Catholic Herald this week! Thanks for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome and I'd be thrilled if you put a permanent link to us on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete